Saturday, October 29, 2011

Compassionate Shepherd

This is a detail of a painting I finished today and you may be wondering why I painted Jesus crying.  Well, even though Jesus certainly experienced all the emotions that we do while He walked planted earth, including laughter and joy, it is His tears of compassion that touch me most.  In fact, I tend to be a cryer when I pray.  I think that God gave us tears to express those deep emotions that just can't be expressed in any other way.  The shortest verse in the Bible is simply "Jesus wept."  Here we see the most strong and powerful being that ever existed.  And at times, He cried.  Most notably, He cried over us.  We tend to weep over those we love most.  The love in those tears are more than I can comprehend.  May you feel the mighty and compassionate love of God wrap around you today.  

No comments: