Thursday, July 19, 2007

Summer Reading and Dreaming

These warm Humboldt County days have been outstanding. Some of my most peaceful moments have been in our garden. The blueberries and raspberries were wonderful this year. Saturday evenings have been a great time to sit among the roses and read some good books. Typically at these times I read books by great Christian authors that help me understand people, for we all undergo difficulties, uncertainties and troubles. Then when I'm feeling the need for something "light" I pour through gardening or home decorating books. I envision the perfect English garden (it's not ever going to happen for me, but it's still o.k. to dream)...I think of repainting the house in creative and striking ways.

Have you read any good books this summer? What do you dream about?

No comments: