Monday, July 23, 2007

For My Dear Friends with Cancer

In the past year we have had a group of people in our church family who have found that they have cancer or a recurrence of cancer. These people have been so amazing. Time after time they have shared stories of God's faithfulness through this terribly difficult time. When I think of heroes, I think of these dear friends - Mary Lou, Judy, Scott, , Becky, Thelma, Sandie, Joan and Barbara. Jesus shines brightly through each of you! In facing physical, mental and emotional suffering, you have ministered to me in a powerful way.

These believers have taught me what it means to walk by faith. Christianity Today had a good article on "Cancer's Unexpected Blessings". Here is the link: http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2007/july/25.30.html

No comments: