Saturday, August 30, 2008

Seasons

Psalm 138:8 "The LORD will accomplish what concerns me; Thy lovingkindness, O LORD, is everlasting; Do not forsake the work of Thy hands."

A popular song on the radio from back in my teenage years said "precious and few are the moments we two can share." How true...the moments fly by. This summer I've purposed to savor the moments in this season of life. When I return home from the church office I scoop up this precious one and we have our afternoon walk. We hold hands, or rather she holds my fingers. We look at flowers, we talk, and when she gets sleepy we sing. As some of our wise saints say, "we are never promised tomorrow." For the sweetness of these moments I thank my Father in Heaven. Life often isn't easy, which makes tender moments even more significant. May God especially bless you during this season in your life.

No comments: